- Dutchess County Public Transit bus system provides service throughout the town.
- Metro North Railroad and Amtrak – Easy commute to NYC (5 min. drive)
- New York Stewart International Airport
- Walking distance to shopping such as Adams Fairacre Farm, Stop & Shop, K-mart, Panera bread, CVS-pharmacy and Starbucks.
- The Galleria Mall is home to Macy’s, J.C. Penney, Target, Old Navy, and much more.
- Family-friendly restaurants such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Wendy’s, McDonalds, Starbucks and Panera Bread
- Food Retailers such as Adams Fairacre Farms, Stop & Shop, and more.
The Town of Poughkeepsie is also home to Vassar College, one of the nation’s finest liberal arts colleges. Our Town is also home to Marist College and Dutchess Community College
- Arlington’s public school system is highly rated in the area. There are also private schools in the area. For more information about the schools here and in the surrounding areas, use the following resources:
- Arlington School District http://arlingtonschools.org/pages/arlington_schools/District
- Poughkeepsie Day School https://poughkeepsieday.org/
- Our Lady of Lourdes link: http://www.ollchs.org/
- Vassar College, Marisa College, Culinary Institute of America
Poughkeepsie Town Information
- Too many to list here, see: poughkeepsietownrec.com http://www.walkway.org/ to learn more about our community activities and events.
- Office of the aging for senior citizens http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/Countygov/departments/aging/agindex.htm#
- Adriance Memorial Library, public services https://poklib.org/
Tourism, Arts, Leisure & Recreation
There’s an abundance of places to go and things to see in Dutchess County. From our scenic parks and rail trails to the many historic landmarks scattered throughout the county, there’s never of lack of things to do whatever your interest may be.
- Please follow the link: dutchesstourism.com
- Spratt Park
- Vassar College Park
- Regal Cinemas located in Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall
- Take a walk along the beautiful Hudson River, a short drive away
- Bardavon Opera House http://www.bardavon.org/
- Civic center located in the Poughkeepsie’s central business district.
- IBM Poughkeepsie plant
- Easy Access to Marist & Vassar Colleges
- Culinary Institute of America
- The Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center
- Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park
- Locust Grove Estate
- Bardavon Opera House
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum
- Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
- Bowdoin Park